Monday, January 21, 2008

/snap

A little history on my guild may help to put things into perspective. We're a casual-raiding guild (I can hear the groans already) that has Karazhan on farm and has for some time now. We've just recently downed all of the animal bosses in ZA and have set foot into Gruul's only once, with the help of about 10 others from another guild.

We regularly have around 15 people on a night (70's mind you) and have enough people (barely and it may just be my opinion), gear and skill to be doing 25-mans at least enough to own Gruul's face, but we can never get in.

We have the numbers, we have the gear, and we have the skill. We don't have the attendance.

I happen to be one of the 5 officers in the guild (including the GL) and we all hear the same thing. Apparently people want to do 25 mans and apparently 25% of those that say it are damn well lying.

You see, we schedule our raids and have people sign up. Every time a 25 man one goes up, we'll get ~15 people sign up and no other takers. What kills me, is then everyone has the nerve to complain that we're not doing 25 mans. "Oh, we didn’t know” is a common defence. Meanwhile, it had been posted on the forums and in the guild message for a month and people talk about it occasionally in guild chat...

Right...

Now, as I said, we have the numbers and for the most part the roles, if people would stay healing... We have more than enough DPS (of course), enough tanks and are currently scraping by with healers geared for ZA. We don’t enforce people to spec certain ways, part of being 'casual' I suppose is shooting yourself in the foot progression wise. But damn it, I'm Resto right now (on my Shaman) because we need healers and don’t really want to be.

Problem is, if I don’t do it, we don’t do ZA... or we rely on less favourable options to take my place.

I'm not trying to sound like a Martyr here, if I really didn’t like it, I wouldn’t do it... my point is I am doing it, for the sake of progression, why the hell cant others do it (or stay doing it).

Yet they complain. /sigh

What kills me more is the number of people that repeatedly ask in guild chat if "anything is going on tonight?". Check the frickin' forums, it's all there, usually well in advance. I'm not your GD secretary and no one else in the guild is either.

No, you can’t go to ZA tonight... the list is full with people that can manage to check said forums and confirm they can go.

No, you can’t get on the ZA roster because you don’t meet minimum stats... you're a liability. Everyone (well, most) else gets it.

R34D T3H FR1CK1N' F0RUMZ (maybe you can understand that)

It hurts to know that the officers spend a hefty amount of time establishing loose, fair rules that are easy to understand, readily available and have the best interest of the guild in mind. Then the mouth breathers start asking the same questions, over, and over, and over....

No, I'm not 'elitist', but is it so much to ask for people to do their own damn leg work and leave me the hell alone answering questions they can answer themselves?

And stop whining about progression, it's likely your own damn fault as well.

No comments: